Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The way in which

I 'do' pregnant worries me. I get tired, big sore boobs, a headache, and constipated. That goes on for nine months - or however long I manage to stay pregnant. I had two weeks of feeling seasick with Ariana, but only when I was on a bus, train or in a car. For most of the time I am fine. I wouldn't know morning sickness if it hit me over the head.

People say that I'm lucky not to get sick. Really? I have practically no physical signs that a baby is maybe going to arrive in our world, and when it does go bad and people say 'did your symptoms stop or go away', I get to say 'they were never there to begin with.' which invariably leads to the raised eyebrows and the 'oh, I see.'

There is actually nothing to prove that bad pregnancy syptoms Are due to a healthy thriving baby. Noone can explain why some people get sick and others don't. Some theorize that the pregnancy hormones cause the body to super sensitive to foods that may be dangerous, or not worth digestion, because the immune system becomes repressed during a pregnancy to prevent the body attacking the fetus as it would a 'virus' or other invasion. This makes sense to me. So for whatever reason I just don't get sick. But just like every other person I look to symptoms to tell me the state of my pregnancies. Crazy huh.

This morning when I woke up I was ecstatic. I have been symptom free this pregnancy. That on top of the spotting I was having had me secretly worried it was all over. Then yesterday I noticed I was Exhausted. A good sign. Then today, I'm still exhausted and my boobs are K.I.L.L.I.N.G me! Plus it appears the constipation is kicking in.

The spotting stopped a few days ago now, and with the sudden onset of symtoms, just maybe 'offspring' will make it!

All I know for certain right now is that I am tired. I need a nap!



-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

Mumto5 said...

I never thought it be happy hearing about your boobs or bowel motions lmao but I'm ecstatic!

Each of my pregancies were completly different. Some had symptoms, some didn't. Some were hell, some I could forget were happening, the rest sat somewhere in the middle. All outcomes were different too. I could not (as hard as I tried) forcast what was going to happen based on how I was feeling.

Everyone is different, including each individual "off spring"

xo

Sonya Graham said...

a nap and a crap! lmao happy for you xo